Blue Ridge Christian Academy is a non-denominational school that is run by a Board of Directors including parents with children in the school. While it is not our purpose to promote a particular doctrine to our students, we boldly affirm the following Christian beliefs as stated below:
1. We believe the Bible to be inspired; the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:15-16; 2 Peter 1:21).
2. We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, 26; Matthew 28:19; John 1:1-3; 10:30).
3. We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:30); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that people are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:15-21; 5:24; Romans 3:23-24; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost – those that are saved to the resurrection of life, and those that are lost to the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of all true believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 15:5-7; 12:4-18; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Galatians 3:26-28; Ephesians 4:1-6).
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit whose indwelling and empowering of the Christian enables him/her to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; 12:1-2; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:17-32; 5:1-21; 6:10-18; Titus 3:1-2).
8. We believe in the sanctity of human life concerning both the born and the unborn and acknowledge abortion and euthanasia are contrary to the Word of God (Exodus 20:13; Psalm 92:14-15; 139:13-16; Jeremiah 1:5).
9. We believe man is created in God’s image, male and female created He them (Genesis 1:27), and sexual deviation and homosexuality are an abomination to God and contrary to His Word (Leviticus 18:22; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11).